Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I WON A PRESTIGIOUS SCHOLARSHIP!

I won a very prestigious award last week! It's called the E.K. Wise Scholarship and it's supported by AOTA. I applied for it a few months ago and I actually got it!!!! I am soooo excited. Only three occupational therapy students nationwide were selected.

The director of my department sent me a congratulatory note and cc'd all of the occupational therapy faculty. I'll be interviewed by the College of Health and Human Services here at my school and have my photo and the interview published in the newsletter. As my director pointed out, this is a very prestigious (I feel like I keep saying 'prestigious') award for both myself AND the school.

So, wow, I just put the school on the map. ;-)

I feel pretty darn good about this!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Kim! Congrats to you for this very prestigious accomplishment :)

    btw...I know this was awhile ago but I was just thinking about you and thought I'd drop in on your blog...clearly things are going well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete