Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Interesting funeral comments

A conversation after the funeral:

Me: Man, that was one looong funeral.

Sister: Yeah, it was too long.

Me: When I die, just post a photo of me and keep the entire service under one hour. Short and sweet.

Sister: Ok, I'll be sure to remember that.

Me: Wait a sec, how do you know I'm gonna die first?

***********************************************

As we're driving through the cemetery to bury my grandmother:

Sister: Wow, this cemetery sure is empty...there's so much land...where are all the tombstones?

Me: Yeah, it is pretty empty. I guess the economy is slow for the funeral homes too. People just aren't dying fast enough...

1 comment:

  1. Kim,

    You are so crazy!!! You and your sister and the funeral dialogue. I agree with you, though, I don't like long funerals. Some people like to get up and talk just because they have an audience. Keep mine short and sweet, too. :-)

    --Carla

    ReplyDelete