Monday, September 7, 2009

Yes, the cadavers are real people that are really dead...

Here's another conversation that always cracks me up...Everyone is always so surprised that my program requires that I dissect cadavers. I don't think they understand the magnitude and scope of what an Occupational Therapist does and how important it is to health and human services across the globe. Hence, the reason for this blog and my quest to change these perceptions.

Anyway, I always get the 'you're nuts!' look. As a result, I have variations of the following conversation with lots of folks. I always want to laugh after their final comment.

Random person: I hear you're taking Anatomy and you have to dissect dead people?

Me: Yep, I'm soooo excited!

Random person: You mean real dead people?

No comments:

Post a Comment