Sunday, September 20, 2009

THE BEST INVENTION SINCE SLICED BREAD...& I don't eat sliced bread...

Since I'm studying so much about muscles, I'm going to go the gym today to train my muscles. I haven't been as consistent with the gym since school started, partly because I needed to get a rhythm going. Now I have a rhythm so it's time to stop being lazy.

Normally, I'm at the gym 4-5 days a week. Over the last 3 weeks I've been to the gym 1-2 days a week. It's terrible! Especially when you don't adjust your eating habits for the lack of exercise. I used to eat 5-6 small meals per day. Now I'm eating 3-4 large meals, along with sugar and junk food. It's awful!

I've been a real bum, ha ha. My adipose cells are subtly growing! (that's code for I'M GAINING WEIGHT!!) If I keep this up, all my clothes will magically shrink (again, code for I'M GAINING WEIGHT!!). The only reason I haven't gained much weight is because my metabolism is so high from working out and lifting weights...well, when I was doing it consistently (more code for I'M GAINING WEIGHT S-L-O-W-L-Y). I'm used to having visible muscle so I have to continue to weight lift and eat well to keep all my sexy muscles. If not, they'll atrophy! Thus, I have to get back on my game!

The gym won't be a complete break because I will be listening to my digital recording of Physiology while I'm working out. Whomever invented the digital recorder is a genius!! A real Einstein! If anyone out there is going back to school or even in undergrad, I encourage you to record every lecture. You'll be amazed at the things the instructor said that you totally missed, didn't understand or need reinforced. It really helps to solidify the material.

Additionally, the recorder can mimic the iPod. As I will prove this evening at the gym, you can listen to it while working out, washing the dishes, cleaning, driving, cooking, flat-ironing your hair, brushing your teeth, washing your face, or sitting on your couch relaxing. If you're tired of listening through headphones, you can connect it to your speakers and it's instantly surround sound! :-) ha ha. As you can probably guess, I know all this first-hand because I've listened to my lectures while doing all of these things.

The only thing that is challenging is finding the time to listen to the full lecture. Each of my lectures are 1.5-2 hours long, which means, of course, that to listen to the whole lecture I need 1.5-2 hours of time. You're only brushing your teeth and washing the dishes for so long. So, the lectures get broken up and sometimes that can be distracting.

Despite that, the digital recorder is immensely helpful and serves as an excellent tool for studying. I wouldn't be me if I didn't exaggerate. So, it's the best invention since sliced bread! And I don't eat sliced bread...

No comments:

Post a Comment